Ace down the T

Ace down the T

Claremont Lawn Tennis Club, Perth, Australia

Its an honor to be the Club Coach at Claremont Lawn Tennis.

We have 12 grass courts, 4 hard courts and 2 Tiger Turf. You can come here and make us a visit. You will be welcomed!

Would you like to have a lesson and maybe have your shots recorded with a high speed video camera?

just give me a call on : 0478 524 382

or send me an email: vazpintotennis@mail.com


Monday, May 24, 2010

My double-handed backhand

This is my double handed backhand, my new baby. Maybe you have already see me hitting it on court every now and again.
I've always admired the way Agassi used to hit his backhands. Very natural with a very compact swing. When I go on court I hit my double handed much better after watching some videos of Agassi. Yes, the visual channel is that powerful.
Looking at my swing, I start my preparation with a Unit turn. It looks that I am going to hit a one handed since my left hand takes a bit of time to drop close to the right hand. My hands move back at the same height throughout the swing, the same as Brenton (another extremely important aspect).At the end of the backswing my racket is far away from body, much more than on my one handed. Then as the racket comes down it opens a bit and comes down a bit below the ball with just a small drop. I seem to hit the ball flat with both arms stretched at contact just like Agassi and Nadal.

I am not sure where to improve first but I have been trying to make my swing shorter an more compact. Agassi is the model.
I'll be back with a better swing.
What do you think about it?

10 comments:

  1. Now you make it double handed? Thats a bad tribute to your father.

    Shame on you, bro!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. andre could have made it if he had used a double hander instead of his weak one-hander!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could have made it Rich? what else do I need to do??

    Don't worry Miguel, I wont switch to the double handed backhand. I am just trying to show Richard (Bowt) how to hit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Serve - leg action

    2. Backhand - double hander

    3. Attitude - Andre is too much of a 'nice guy' needs to be more like a KILLER!

    4. Weight training - in combination with the right diet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hei Andre, hows that elbow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. left hand for making your swing more compact and more on your side of the body dunno it feels good

    also agassi has a larger racket drop when he transitions to his forward swing that's part of the look of his swing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Richard.You're right, I've been working on it. Yesterday I was in the zone. My double handed was on fire. I think I'm beginning to like it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have inspired Matt to revert back to his two hander!!!

    You should teach him about the different hitting arms. A straight/straight hitting arm configuration would probably suit him because its most like the one hander.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just guessing but did Matt had a bend/bend configuration on his double handed?

    I think the straight/straight is great. Yesterday I started feeling a bit of pain on my left wrist. Perhaps I'm rocking to hard, or gotta give it more time...

    ReplyDelete

Followers